HBR Research Shows That Engaged Employees Are 25% More Productive Then Their Average Peers
Understanding How to Effectively Engage Employees Is A Critical Performance Enabler
At Change Essentials we have a passion for understanding what makes people stay or go in organizations. We have significant experience assessing employee engagement in federal and commercial organizations. We have identified the key factors that block and enable stronger employee engagement. We have built practical and effective action plans to strengthen employee engagement in large and small organizations.
- As part of building our integrated employee engagement action plans we have conducted a series on online webinars to strengthen management skills effectiveness.
- We have helped managers set and clarify expectations, improve their ability to give feedback, empower, motivate, treat employees fairly and build trust with their employees. We have increased managers' knowledge and awareness around diversity and inclusion.
- We have conducted 360 management assessments and delivered tough feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- We have worked with senior leadership teams to strengthen their effectiveness as they lead organizations. Gallup research shows that up to 70% of the variance in employee engagement is due to how employees are being managed.
- We have streamlined ineffective processes that frustrate employees.
- We have clarified values and norms and identified toxic behaviors that lead to engagement and retention issues.
Results from partnering with our clients on employee engagement issues include increasing retention by 1% (and reducing the associated costs) in one year in a highly competitive IT business.
For another client we built a highly tailored competency and development framework to include supporting training and certification. That led to an increased pipeline of new employees, more satisfied employees with clear career paths, more ability for managers to staff client engagements and increased revenue.